Sunday, December 14, 2008

More December 2008 Primary Sharing Time Helps and Ideas

WEEK 4 Because I know that I am a child of God and that Jesus Christ is my Savior, I will . . .

* Bring up a couple chairs to the front. Have a picture of a family and put out a little rug. Make it a cozy setting. Explain to the children that we are having a pretend family home evening. You have 2 friends from school who wanted to come to FHE. They aren't members. The lesson you are going to be giving is " Because I know that I am a child of God and that Jesus Christ is my Savior, I will . . ." Have them split into small groups and come up with a 2 minute thought and scripture that they can present in front of the primary.

* For the Senior Sharing Time ONLY. In Preach my gospel, page 126 there is an attribute activity. Start off by reading Doctrine and Covenants 58:26-28, "For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward." Explain that we are all children of God,

* Have 2 cans in the front labeled WILL and WON'T. Also have a bag. Give the children some strips of paper. Have them write things they will do and things they won't do because they know they are children of Heavenly Father and that Jesus is our Savior. (Teachers or older children can help younger children by writing for them) Have them put all their strips of paper in the bag. Have a child come up and choose a strip of paper when everyone is done. Read the strip EXCEPT for the word will or won't. Have the primary then decide if it's something we will do or won't do and put into the correct can accordingly.

* Bring a back pack and introduce it as your new year's back pack. Have 2009 taped to it. All year you've been learning in primary that we are children of God and that Jesus is our Savior. You've packed a bag for the new year with lots of things you could do. Now you need the primary children's help to decide what is the most important things to take and actually DO in the new year. (You can have things inside like a video game, scriptures, a picture of someone praying, tickets to a basketball game on a Sunday, a dustpan to help clean the church, a pass along card, a picture of the temple, a picture of a couch potato, a modest dress... etc.) Ask the children what are other things they can do?

10 comments :

Amanda said...

Wow, Great Ideas! Thank You.

SaMash said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas! I am new to the Primary Program and planning Sharing time with my class can be hard... It's nice to have access to such great ideas. Thanks again!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this! I was the primary chorister for 2 years and loved it...now I'm in the presidency and am stressed trying to come up with sharing time ideas! Your blog has been SUCH a help!!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

Thank you for all you do! We are doing new teacher orientation in Jan. and we have such young (even to the church) teachers that I KNOW your site will help them with ideas and to help further their work as primary teachers in sharing the gospel. Thank you and happy new year! You are blessed for doing this!!!!!

Patrice said...

Love your ideas! I always come here first when I'm planning sharing time! Thanks so much for your great ideas. :)

milo said...

Thank you for sharing your creative ideas!!! Some people (you) are just more creative than others (me).

The Free Family said...

THANK YOU! Your idea inspired me. It also saved me for tomorrow's sharing time!

Sofia's Primary Ideas said...

Sister Christoffersen- Thank you! Hope they could help.

Sister SaMash and Brother RoddBot- Welcome to primary! May God be with you and your children!

Sister Jennifer- We should go to Hawaii and have a pineapple turnover. I get stressed too. And it's like, why? Really... God is with us.

Fellow Saints Tim, Crista and Addy- Happy New Year to you also! I am a blessed person, much more so than I deserve. I hope all goes well for your teacher training!!

Sister Pinkpatrice- Thank you for your kind words. I must admit, I feel like the friend has the best ideas and the sharing time outline. On my turn to teach I often stick to that instead of the things I've pondered over!

Sister Minder- Some people (you) don't give yourself enough credit!!! So people (me) quote nelson mandela "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." God has called you to teach His little ones. That is no small thing! The main point is that you are able to channel the spirit and help them closer to God. :)

Fellow Saints Free Family- I'm glad you had a good Sunday and that everything worked out!

Evenspor said...

I used the "Will" and "Won't" cans last week for or class's sharing time, and it went over very well. Thanks for the great ideas.

Sofia's Primary Ideas said...

Sister Evenspor- Glad it worked out! One of the greatest things we can do is reflect and evaluate our lessons.