Saturday, February 16, 2013

President's Day Singing Time

 This is a SIMPLE singing time idea!!
 
Show a picture of President Washington and President Lincoln to the children. They were great men!!

President Spencer W.Kimball quoted "Boys need lots of heroes like Lincoln and Washington." (April 1975)

What you will need:
A penny and A quarter
4-5 cups that are not clear

Hide the coins under a cup and mix them up. Sing a song. Invite a friend who was singing to come up front and try to find a coin. If they do then they get to read a quote by one of these great men.

Quotes include:
George Washington Quotes
  • "I cannot tell a lie, father, you know I cannot tell a lie! I did cut it with my little hatchet."
  • "I conceive that a knowledge of books is the basis on which all other knowledge rests."
  • "Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder."
  • "Doctor, I die hard, but I am not afraid to go."
  • "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
  • "Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
  • "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
  • "God must love the common man, he made so many of them."
  • "Everybody likes a compliment."
  • "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
  • "As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy."
  • "Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"

No comments :