Monday, March 21, 2016

A Few Easter Ideas

I know everyone is on pinterest and has probably heard of these ideas. But just in case, I'd thought I'd share.

I'm not super big on having long, drawn out activities with my 4 year old and toddler. I don't mind having "moments". I love simple, and my sanity.

On the first Family Home Evening of the month, I introduce 1 or 2 songs about the resurrection with visuals or motions. This month we sang, Did Jesus Really Live Again? (CS 64) and Easter Hosanna (CS 68). Then, on our drive to school we sang these 2 songs each morning.

 
We took some white flowers and talked about how Jesus is a perfect person, who never sinned, and lived a completely clean life.
 
Because He loved us, He knew we would need help getting back to Heavenly Father. He "took upon" Himself our sins, just like the white flower takes the red water upon it's petals.
 
Mosiah 15:8-9, "And thus God breaketh the bands of death, having gained the victory over death; giving the Son power to make intercession for the children of men—
Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and satisfied the demands of justice."

 
I hung some Gospel Art pictures and we reviewed the story of the last week of Christ. We took a grapevine wreath and put toothpicks in it.
 
Many people were cruel and mean to Jesus. Sometimes our choices are bad, and that hurts The Savior. He wants us to choose the right and be kind.
 
So throughout the month, when someone does something nice for another family member, they are able to take out a thorn.
 
 
Our glow in the dark egg hunt is always a favorite. I take eggs and put glow sticks inside. When it is dark out, the kids get to go and get them!!
I usually have a few scriptures in some of the eggs to:
Psalms 27:1
Isaiah 60:19
John 8:12
Ephesians 5:14
2 Nephi 10:14
Ether 4:12
D&C 6:21
 
This year we also did this fun Resurrection Hunt found HERE.
 

No comments :