Sunday, November 13, 2016

Little Derek


This is our cousin, Derek. He is 3 years old and loves sports! Which is so fitting, because his dad was obsessive and is obsessive about anything that involves a ball.

His dad Daren, is my cousin, and was nicknamed Cheeseboy. When we were little, he'd either be glued to the game on TV or outside with a bat and ball. He always, always, always had the happiest smile and most free-hearted laugh!! Even just thinking about it brings a smile to my face!!

I love my cousin dearly. I hate to see them suffer. I'm so sad that they have to watch their little boy be sick.

Just 2 weeks ago, Derek was diagnosed with Leukemia. Derek was life-flighted to San Francisco. He was so confused, "Mommy please. I'll be a good boy if we can just go home." My heart was broken when I heard that. Hannah and Daren, Derek's parents, have not left his side.

Sometimes life can be so hard. But we know. We know God lives. We know He loves us. We know that through Christ, all things are possible.

I just wanted to do what I can to help. And maybe you might feel the same. Thanks so much!!

No comments :