Sunday, May 7, 2017

Easy Mother's Day Gift for Primary or Nursery

A photograph of flowers and a quote by Sister Sheri L. Dew: “Few of us will reach our potential without the nurturing of … the mothers who bear with us.”
Click HERE to find the link to download this picture
 
I wanted something easy to do for our Nursery kids for their moms, so I'm going to print out this picture at Costco and frame it with dollar store frames.
 
We'll give moms and/or special women in the children's lives a bag full of gummy bears.
Remember, not every kid has a mother who is present in their lives.
Be sensitive.
 
We'll have the kids color a picture of a teddy bear.
(older kids could draw one themselves with step by step instructions like the following) 
Image result for how to draw a teddy bear step by step easy


On their coloring sheets will be the words :
(I just google search and print out so kids can choose what they like)
I love my mom BEARY much because__________________
and we will write their answers for them.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is cute, but remember that in addition to the children without mothers in their lives, some children are adopted. The "mothers who bore us" quote would not apply to them, even if they have a loving mother.

Sofia's Primary Ideas said...

Hi Anonymous. I hope this doesn't come off rude, but I have to disagree. I think mothers who bear children and give them up for adoption are some of the most self-less people out there. Their act of giving a better life for their children than they could is the ultimate act of nurturing. With that said, I think you are absolutely on point to be sensitive to the needs of all children and careful with what you do to make sure they don't feel left out or bad.