Friday, February 2, 2018

FHE: Gospel Principle "Love"


Opening Activity: Have a picture of Jesus in the front of the room. Everyone choose a spot to stand in the room and strike a pose. Hold it for 5 seconds. Now choose another place to strike a different pose. One more time!
We saw many changes in that activity right? What was the one thing that never changed? The picture of Christ stayed constant!
Quote, "Love is like the north star. In a changing world, it's always a constant." President Gordon B. Hinkley
Jesus Christ ALWAYS lived and lives a life of love. We can too!

Sing the following songs:
I'll Walk With You CS 140
I had some leftover hearts from The Dollar Store and glue pictures from The Friend. I also use key words or phrases on the visuals:

(On I won't! I won't! we shake our fingers side to side. On I will! I will! we pump a fist in the air.)


Can everyone name one way that Jesus showed/shows His love for us and others?

As I Have Loved You CS 136

Pass around a bean bag and sing. When the leader holds up a heart we pause and whoever has the bean bag says something they love about another family member.
OR The Dollar Store has heart wands children can use to conduct the song while singing!

** TIP FOR SINGING- Don't recite/speak the words of a song. Sing them in small phrases to learn! **

End the lesson with the following scriptures:

Challenge: Like President Hinckley said, Love is a constant.  What can we do this week to constantly show our love for others??

No comments :