Book of Mormon
Book of MORMON Writing Prompts
By Sofia Lykes 2014
1. Create a “Good Bye Note” from the 3 Nephites to the people of the America’s during the time of Mormon. In the note include reasons why they have to go, any feelings they might have, and any words of wisdom to those they leave behind!
2. Extra! Extra! Read all about it! In Mormon 4, the city Desolation is fought over. Write an article focused on the war for the newspaper “Desolation Daily”.
3. Unfortunately, many sad things take place in this book of scripture because of the wickedness of the people. Mormon talks about how this sorrow could be avoided if the people would just repent! Make a list of 25 things that make you sad. On the other side make a list of 25 things that make you happy.
4. Create a Venn Diagram and compare the destruction of the Nephites with that of the Jaredites. Try to include as many details as you can. Specifically look at Mormon 6, Mormon 8:2, Ether 14 & 15.
5. Poor Moroni sees a lot in his lifetime. At one point in
Mormon 8 he is all alone. He’s witnessed the entire
destruction of his people. Write a poem about true
loneliness from his perspective.
6. God is a God of Miracles because….
7. “Be wise in the days of your probation.” What are
some wise choices you can make in your life
daily and in the future?