Let me first preface this post with a motto I would have tattooed on my bicep/arm flab if tattoos weren't breaking commandment, if I didn't think tattoos were fabulously not fun and really... why am I talking. I would never have this tattooed on me, but it is a motto I live by when it comes to church- BAN THE FLUFF.
I like simple. I like effective. I like spending time with my hot husband even though his dreds smell rather than fretting over stuff that really doesn't make much difference. Which brings me to bulletin boards. Am I saying they are fluffy and not important? Absolutely not. Bulletin boards can definitely add to the spirit of the room. However, they can detract from a lesson the attention of a child if they are over the top. Find the balance. Don't stress over it, as with anything in life. A bulletin board doesn't make you or break you in your calling.
I like boards where there are spots to change the monthly theme and scripture. Some boards you can use to display reverence reminders. If you're stuck, pray over it.
* Have a large drawing of a jar you can add paper hearts to. Write down the childrens' favorite scriptures or scripture heroes on the hearts as well as their names. Have the Primary yearly theme and scripture posted above and below the jar "For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them." 2 Nephi 4:15
* Alma 32:33 "And now behold, because ye have tried the experiment, and planted the seed, and it swelleth and it sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, ye must needs know that the seed is good."
Have a really large flower with this scripture. Or as time goes, you can start with a seed, then add a stem, then leaves, etc and by the end of the year have a flower.
* Have a really large iron rod. Take a picture of the primary that you can gradually move along the rod as the year goes on. Only move the picture though if the primary children are reading their scriptures!! At the end of course you can have a picture of the Savior.
The Iron Rod is "the word of God, and whoso would hearken to unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it they would never perish." 1 Nephi 15:24
* Let the Primary Chorister use it for songs!!
* Have large pictures of the different books of scripture. Have a Bible, a Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, JS History, Ensign. Space them around Moroni 10:4-5. You could even have a few GAK pictures having to do with the different books to help them identify what goes where.
* Have a large map with different pictures of the Book of Mormon in different languages by the places where that language is spoken. "The time shall come when the knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred, tongue, and people." Mosiah 3:20
You could also have pen pals with different primaries throughout the world and share testimonies of what the children have learned about the scriptures throughout the year.
* When holy men of God write or speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, their words “shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation” (D&C 68:4).
In October or April you could have this quote and all the pictures of the current apostles and first presidency. You could also have a challenge for the children to learn all their names!!
* John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" Have a large magnifying glass with this scripture. On the other side of the board you could have the word "Findings!!" Throughout the year you can put up words the children have said they have found to be true in the scriptures.
* John 20:31 "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." Again, have pictures of the different scripture books and then a picture of the Savior in the middle.
* Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."
Divide the board into 2 sections. On one half have a bunch of different pictures of different ancient prophets. On the other side have all the pictures of the children in primary with the words "They wrote the scriptures for us!!!" and then the scripture on the bottom.
Hope these can help! I'd love to post pictures of anyone who wants to share!!