Image courtesy creative commons license flickr.com by Lel4nd Jan. 2010
* Have ear muffs with hearts on the ear part. (You can make these easily with a regular pair and paper and tape) Invite children who are singing nicely to come to front, wear the ear muffs and lead the next verse of the song. Yes, children can lead songs!!
* Have heart stickers and put them on the inside of the children's palms. When you sing the chorus have them put their sticker by their ear like they are listening.
* Invite one child to the front to be blindfolded. We're going to focus on listening! Silently choose 5-10 volunteers to stand and sing a verse of the song. Then have them sit and see if the primary friend blindfolded could name a person who had sang the verse. Sometimes listening is tricky, sometimes easy- when it comes to Heavenly Father though, we should always listen with our heart!
* What does it mean to listen with our heart? Have a very silly picture of a heart with giant ears and legs on it. As the children learn the words to the song, take off the silly parts and turn the heart over to reveal a picture of Jesus with a smiling child. When we listen with our hearts, we are feeling the spirit. Feelings of happiness and warmth!
* Sometimes all people can do is listen with their heart. Some people don't have the ability to hear with their ears and are deaf. Think about possibly learning a verse of the song in sign language and singing in sign language for someone who can't hear.