Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reviewing General Conference with My Children and Making it Meaningful

I have this 3 drawer plastic thing I found at a garage sale years ago. It sits in our closet housing junk. I was munching on some pumpkin cookies- you know the type you just take a box mix and add a can of pumpkin and a bag of chocolate chips? YUM!, staring at the local senate debate...GROSS! And then it clicked! Why don't I use the drawer thing to put activities in to make some of the conference talks fresh in our minds.

In each drawer I plan on having a laminated sheet with quotes from talks that stood out to me personally. Yes, I have a lamination addiction. I could get over it possibly, but there are no support groups and in my heart of hearts, I know I'd just come back to it even if there were.

Along with each set of quotes, I'll have the following activities. My only condition is that before we do the activity or during the activity, the quotes from the talk are read by someone:

1. Elder M. Russel Ballard, Be Anxiously Engaged
Honey Bee Tree -  I-Play Outdoors - Toys"R"Us
Our Honey Bee Tree Game

2. Sister Ann M. Dibb
T-Shirts with permanent markers to color & design on

3. Elder Russel M. Nelson
Stationary, Stickers & Envelopes to write the missionaries! Do we have any questions? Let's ask them!!

I'll probably rotate them out within the next 3 months for another 3 talks from this wonderful session!
I just really feel like, as much as I enjoy conference, I can never remember the specifics. Hopefully these activities I do with the munchkins will help my mind focus better!

I'm attempting to share the quotes I made for each drawer. Hopefully it will work! Feel free to print out and use if ya' like.

LDS General Conference October 2012

No comments :